Madeleine had her 5-year check-up. The appointment went well and Madeleine looks healthy :) She got the rest of her shots so she is ready for kindergarten next year!
I can't believe she is getting so big!
When her birthday rolled around, I hadn't had time to reflect much with all that was going on. After we got home from our get-away to GWL, things settled down and I thought about how Madeleine will be gone every morning next year and I won't have as much time with her. I already feel like time is slipping away...at least once a week, some neighbor stops by to see if Madeleine can join them for a playdate or a ride around the block...and this is on top of her being gone at school 3 times a week. As much as I am thankful for the extra break, I find that she is gone more and more.
Of course I am happy that she is off to kindergarten next year, she will be ready for the challenge. But I will miss her. Her birthday marks my anniversary of being a stay-at-mom...I've been home for 5 years now. I have really enjoyed being at home with the kids. I love our lazy mornings of snuggling on the couch, doing endless craft projects and being with them as they learn about the world. I have so much fun with my little girl! But, more often than not, she puts a limit on my kisses and hugs (I can be excessive!) these days. I can feel her growing up and getting ready for all that is coming in the year ahead.
At 5 years old, Madeleine has started to read, is able to spell and write shorts words like "mom" and "dad", loves to make notes for us saying "I love you", is learning to swim in the deep end from one end of the pool to the other, is becoming quite the artist and drawing some very creative pictures, and is still our sensitive, talkative, silly little girl! We love you Madeleine!
The Fowler family ~ Jeff, Angela, Madeleine, and Braden! We love to update the blog so check back often to watch our family grow!
Monday, January 21, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment