We finished! The Issaquah Triathlon was a lot of fun and very well organized. My friend Heather & I were up at 4am, got our Starbucks and were at the park at 5:30 to set-up.
The wave I was in (by age) was relatively small so when we started in the water, there weren't very many of us. Still, I sort of panicked in the water! I think a combination of people swimming so close to me, my competitive side coming out and wanting to swim faster and the cold water all contributed. I swam breast stroke most of the way to the first buoy but once I reached it, I calmed down and was able to swim crawl stroke the rest of the way.
The bike was the easy part. I feel like I kept up a good pace. Once I hit the run, I was very slow...but I NEVER stopped and that was my goal! Hooray! Going from the bike to run was so hard! I only passed one person on the run...I got passed by many people - LOL! I made it to the finish and was so happy to see Jeff, the kids and my parents all cheering me on! My friend Shannon also came down to cheer us on and she & my mom took most of the pictures below. Thanks everyone for your well wishes and support!
The Fowler family ~ Jeff, Angela, Madeleine, and Braden! We love to update the blog so check back often to watch our family grow!
Saturday, June 2, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Congratulations Angela that is AWESOME! :)
You are officially a Bada$$ in my book! :)
Congrat's and good job!
Angela,
I am so proud of you!!! What a great day for you. It goes to show we can do anything we set our mind to. What a great accomplishment. Congratulations! I love you! Debbie
Post a Comment