The Fowler family ~ Jeff, Angela, Madeleine, and Braden! We love to update the blog so check back often to watch our family grow!

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Escape the Rock Triathlon!

I finished my third and final triathlon of the summer! I would say that this one was definitely the hardest for me. I am not sure if it was all the hills on this course that kicked my butt or that I simply didn't train enough...who knows.

I got to do this one with a great group of friends which made it fun! Emily and I were both on our third triathlon of the summer but Katy, Natasha and Shannon were doing their very first! All the girls did so well and I was super impressed on how hard they each trained. They all did amazingly well!

This triathlon started with a half-mile swim, then a 12-mile out-and-back bike ride across  I-90 and finished with a 2.5-mile run. The bike ride was hillier than I anticipated and the head wind coming out of the East was killer. My time for this bike ride was almost identical to my last tri but I felt really weak afterwards. Then came the run...only 2.5 miles but a bunch of hills! I wasn't prepared! I am already a slow runner but felt even slower on this run. I am proud that I improved my swim time by two minutes though...actually, I am proud I actually finished!





The kids love to explore the parks after each race! Fun times!




Madeleine on her new scooter! She loves to zip around!



No comments: