I couldn't stand to be around for the 1st round of crying it out and Jeff was brave enough to take it on. I went to the gym wishing him luck. I worried the entire time I was away and by the time I got home I was in tears thinking of Jeff all stressed out and poor little Madeleine crying her eyes out.
To my happy surprise, Jeff was relaxing downstairs and Madeleine was asleep in her crib! Jeff said it took 1 hour exactly for Madeleine to fall to sleep but for the most part, she just whined and never really "cried". Tonight is my turn but Jeff is going to be around to support me and to hold me back from running in and picking her up! Wish me luck!!!
Oh...and the most important part, she slept through the night! Now it's onto napping without the bottle.
We bought one of those mesh feeders that you put food in so the baby can suck on it. It helps her teething, ect. Here is Madeleine sucking on some watermelon. She loved it!

Here is Madeleine lounging while watching a Baby Einstein video...yes, I OCCASIONALLY let her watch those...but only when I am doing important things around the house...like blogging :-)
1 comment:
Uh oh Maddy, those little thighs look like in this picture they need to start moving around. You are way to cute and I love seeing you every day even though I am so far away. You are getting to be a big girl and I can't wait for you to come to Chicago. And, oh, you look adorable with the sweet potato face. I love you! Kiss mommy and daddy for us. Love, Cousin Debbie, Allyson, and Cameron
P.S. you will be in love with Cameron when you come visit as he is very handsome, and Ally will adore you and love to play with you. We are anxious for Grandma Schroeder to come.
Post a Comment