The Fowler family ~ Jeff, Angela, Madeleine, and Braden! We love to update the blog so check back often to watch our family grow!

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful moms out there!

We had a fun day celebrating Mother's Day with just our family. My mom was out of town and of course Jeff's family lives out of town so we celebrated with just the four of us. Jeff & the kids made me feel very special :)

I got to start my morning off with a little triathlon training since my very 1st triathlon is June 2nd. I rode my bike and then went for a run...it's called doing a "brick". The ride went well but the run was hard because I've been laying off my foot since it started hurting again a few weeks ago. I was scared it was fractured again but it's not, thank god! I am not running as much in fear of hurting it so the less I run, the harder it is. My hopes are to run a few times right before the triathlon so I am ready. Running is where I struggle so that will be my focus the next few weeks!



Then Jeff took us to get some yummy picnic food at Evolution Fresh (new Starbucks brand, really yummy, healthy food!) and then to a beach on Lake Washington. The weather was GORGEOUS! The kids played in the sand and in the water. We then headed home for a Braden's nap and a BBQ. The best part of the whole day was watching Madeleine ride her bike with NO TRAINING WHEELS! After just a week or so on the balance bike, she can already balance and tried a regular bike today. I ran beside her as she peddled down our alley! Jeff & I were so proud of her!!! It was awesome to watch!

We ended the day with the kids running through the sprinkler. Braden was hilarious to watch. He LOVED it!

Here are a few pictures of our day!


No comments: