The Fowler family ~ Jeff, Angela, Madeleine, and Braden! We love to update the blog so check back often to watch our family grow!

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Napping in her crib - thank goodness!

Up to this point, I've been having Madeleine take her naps in her carseat in the bathroom. Yes, you read that right...the bathroom! Why? Because it was quiet and dark. With all the construction going on in this neighborhood, it is very loud! There is something to be said for buying a home in an established neighborhood. And Jeff and I made the mistake of buying "light filtering" shades for Madeleine's room even though everyone told us not too. Now I see what they mean! You'll do whatever it takes to get your child to sleep longer so you can have a few moments of down time. So I finally bought some black out material to hang in her window and stuck a fan in her room and...she is napping in her crib at this very moment! Hooray!

This picture doesn't show how truly dark her room is now because of the camera flash:


Other updates:

  • We're all feeling better!
  • Madeleine had her 4-month check-up and is weighing in at 15lbs, 12 oz (94%), standing a little over 2 ft. tall (87%)
  • Doc said to hold off on rice cereal since she is in no need of gaining weight ;-)
  • Madeleine has found her screaming voice...funny at first and then really annoying!
  • Madeleine likes to grab and reach for things! She enjoys sitting like a big girl and trying to stand up!
  • Jeff has a 4-day golf trip planned with his buddies in June. This trip will be his first overnight away from Madeleine
  • Grandpa & Grandma Jollay are visiting us in early July! Hip Hip Hooray!
  • We've got a tubing trip planned for July and are leaving little Ms. M home with Grandpa Schroeder, Uncle Steve and Auntie Sharyn (Grandma Schroeder will be in Chicago). This trip will be my first overnight away from Madeleine
  • I've got a girls weekend planned in August which I am SO excited about! Thanks Kristy!
  • My whole side of the family is heading to the beach in August. This is our BIG vacation this year and I can't wait! Here we come Lincoln City!

No comments: