The Fowler family ~ Jeff, Angela, Madeleine, and Braden! We love to update the blog so check back often to watch our family grow!

Friday, April 18, 2008

She's got our number!

Where did my tiny little baby go? I was told they grow fast but I didn't realize time would fly by and Madeleine would get so big! Just last night when I was done feeding Madeleine, I burped her and noticed how big she is getting. When she first arrived, she would curl her tiny legs under her chest when she was laying on my chest and she was just this little precious ball of a baby. Last night I noticed that she doesn't really do that anymore...she still curls up in a ball but now her head rests on my shoulder and her feet are down at my waist! Where did my tiny baby go? She's only 14 weeks old. I kind of miss that tiny baby but I don't miss not getting any sleep!

Madeleine is definately developing a personality of her own and she's definately got our number! For instance, after I give Madeleine a bottle and she is laying in my arms falling to sleep as I rock her, she will slowly open her eyes to see if I am still there and then slowly close them and she will repeat this over and over until she falls into a deep sleep. It is hard for me not to laugh when she does this! The infant cry is gone too. Now Madeleine almost talks when she wants something or gives out a loud, quick "WHAA" to let us know she's hungry or sleepy. She smiles when she sees me and really smiles when daddy gets home from work! She definately knows us and realizes we are there now as her eyesight is reaching that 20/20 point.

She is getting better and better about sleeping through the night too. Jeff is a pro and getting her to sleep in her crib where I tend to be lazy and put her in her carseat more often than not. She's got a little bit of acid reflux and at 2 am, I'm really not in the mood to put her in her crib and stay up to see if she'll stay there so in the carseat she goes. I asked the doctor about it and they told me that was okay to do so I feel okay about it ;-)

Each stage is so much fun! I love watching her grow each day.

No comments: