I met Taylor, the babysitter, at a park near our house. Her little brother was in my class at the Church I worked at last year and I ran into him at the park a few weeks ago. I asked who he was there with and he pointed to his teenage sister...I immediately thought, BABYSITTER! So I went up and introduced myself, explained that I wasn't some weird stranger talking to her brother and just started chatting with her. I eventually asked if she babysat and she did so I got her phone number and called a few days later to set-up our date night!
Madeleine did pretty well. She is still easily distracted so as soon as we left, Taylor distracted her with her coloring (Madeleine is obsessed with crayons and coloring right now). They played outside, ate dinner, took a bath, and watched a movie. We were home in time to put her to bed.
Since we were paying for babysitting this time, we wanted to make the most out of our time away so we headed to glamorous Issaquah! ;-) We hit a happy hour and a strip mall Italian joint, ending the evening with cold stone creamery...although I was stuffed from dinner so really only Jeff indulged. It was a really fun evening!
No comments:
Post a Comment